Data Science FIC-UAI
The "Data Science Group" of the Faculty of Engineering and Sciences does interdisciplinary research in data science, combining the expertise and experience of several researchers with different backgrounds, such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Mathematics, and Astronomy and Astrophysics. Our main areas of research are:
- Data Management and Data Analytics.
- Machine Learning and Data Mining.
- Knowledge Representation, Ontologies, and Knowledge Graphs.
- Uncertainty Management in Data and Knowledge.
- Statistical Methods in Data Science.
- Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Statistical Genetics.
- Optimization Methods in Data Science.
- Astronomical, Spatial and Satellite Data.
The Data Science Group gives support to the newly created "Master of Science in Data Science", which combines course work with a research-oriented thesis. We are about to start with a PhD Program in Data Science. We also offer a Professional Master in Data Science, as a form of continuing, executive education, mainly for working professionals.